Douglas C. Wright Architects
New York, NY
Douglas C. Wright Architects http://www.dcwarchitects.com seeks architects and designers early in their careers with 1-3 years experience in the field of architecture.
The positions require fluency in AutoCAD, Google SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite programs, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Other aspects we’d look for in hiring for the positions:
- Good communication skills with other architects, team members, and the office.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time in a production role with some management and the potential for more.
- Experience in a range of project types: Residential primary, others – Institutional, Commercial, Apartments – good but not required
- An interest in learning from traditional design
Refined skills in the following are preferred, though not required:
- Freehand drawing and design ability, hand drafting
- Rendering skills in watercolor, marker, pencil or other media
- For those with less experience, excellent rendering abilities and a positive ability to work with teams would be expected.
We are a young firm. There is much room for advancement. These are offered as career track positions. Excellent performance would be recognized and rewarded with greater responsibilities and compensation. Salaries would be commensurate with experience.
All interested applicants should include a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume and experience, including your role and responsibilities on projects (design, drafting, redlines, coordination, and project types in which you have experience) and salary requirements.
Please also include a sample of your freehand sketching, drawing and graphic skills. Hand drawings and sketches as a part of your response are encouraged. Submissions of graphic work through the Archinect app center should be under 2Mb. Larger attachments will not be accepted. An applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
Please apply for this position only through Archinect. Please do not email the office directly, as these emails will not be read.
Douglas C. Wright Architects is a full service firm working on a wide range of project types:
- Master planning for clubs, resorts, schools and other institutions
- High-end residential – both houses and apartments
- Large scale residential estates
- Restorations and renovations
- Country clubs
- Schools and other institutional buildings
- Commercial projects
Please see our website: http://www.dcwarchitects.com for an overview of the firm’s projects, design philosophy and work approach, and biography, and to consider if you would be interested in applying for the positions.
Our health insurance plan can be joined after three months employment with the firm. After six months of employment, DCWA pays half the individual employee’s health care premium.
We also offer profit sharing and a 401k to employees with at least one year of employment with the firm.
Positions could start immediately.