Dibello Architects, PLLC
New Braunfels, TX
Dibello Architects, PLLC in New Braunfels, Texas, is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Architect with responsibility for design and management of projects from inception to completion of construction under the direction of the firm Principal.
The projects are primarily custom residential for individual clients in the Texas Hill Country region. The work draws upon a range of traditional and vernacular influences suitable to the regional context.
- Project design and management from pre-design through construction
- Establishment of design concepts in response to the program and site in close collaboration with the firm Principal. Creation of design drawings in pencil and other media
- Leadership and direction of the project team during design development and construction documents, and, as appropriate, production of AutoCAD drawings during those phases
- Construction observation services
- Primary client liaison with professional and courteous communication that anticipates the client’s needs throughout the project
- The Project Architect will be the leader of one of two design studios within the office. Both studios will include a Job Captain and possible other supporting architectural staff members working under the direction of the PA. Both studios will be responsible for several on-going projects in various phases at any given time.
- Competitive pay based on qualifications. Eligible for performance-based bonuses
- Small firm; established in 2010; creative, stable working environment; friendly people
- Office is in a renovated 1880’s house in Historic Downtown New Braunfels in the beautiful Texas Hill Country
- Firm is a Professional Member of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art – Texas Chapter and winner of Honorable Mention in the 2012 John Staub Awards
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience working on traditional high-end custom residential projects, including programming, site analysis, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction observation.
- Licensed or on path to becoming licensed.
- A portfolio documenting work experience that demonstrates a passion for vernacular, traditional, and classical architecture.
- Drawing and presentation skills in various media.
- Experience in leading a project team and project management. Effective communication skills.
- Experience in working directly with clients.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with samples of your work that best illustrate your qualifications for the position to Dale Dibello, AIA. email@example.com.