Los Angeles, CA
Evens Architects, a KAA Design Company, is a Los Angeles-based architecture and landscape firm specializing in residential design grounded in the great traditions of Europe and America. Our design philosophy is attuned to the classical principles of harmony, proportion, order, and, above all, beauty. Our approach is predicated on making deep, meaningful connections between the house and the land. We strive to create highly personal, one-of-a-kind homes that enrich the lives of the people who occupy them. Architecture is our vehicle to celebrate lives well-lived.
KAA Design is seeking candidates for the position of Junior Architectural Designer to support the development and documentation of primarily high-end custom residential projects under the supervision of the project leaders. This position will require strong proficiency in ArchiCAD for daily project tasks.
- Perform drafting, 3D modeling and presentation work following firm Graphic Standards
- Develop conceptual sketches into design presentations
- Coordinate materials and color palettes for presentation
- Develop sketch details into CAD drawings and prepare design development and construction documents
- Maintain logs and records necessary to manage the project
- Compose transmittals and other correspondence necessary for the project
- Prioritize, delegate and coordinate tasks with project team members
- Research public agency requirements and prepare site analysis documents
- Prepare and coordinate cost estimate budgets as required per the phases of the project
- Inspire and motivate current employees.
- Assist in maintaining fiscal responsibility for each project
- Work and communicate in all phases as an integral member of the architectural team
- Perform work according to the KAA Core Values.
- Degree from an accredited Bachelor or Masters of Architecture Program (LEED accreditation is a plus)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in an architecture firm with residential experience
- Must be proficient with ArchiCAD
- Proficiency with Adobe Applications is strongly preferred
Submit cover letter, resume and portfolio samples, with indication of your role on the projects submitted, via email only – combined size not to exceed 5MB. We will acknowledge receipts of your information, but due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or phone calls.
4201 Redwood Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Curtis & Windham Architects, Inc.
Curtis & Windham Architects is a cross-disciplinary practice of architects, interior designers, and landscape architects recognized for excellence in buildings and landscapes rooted in contemporary traditional design. Practicing in Houston, Texas for more than two decades, our residential, church, and campus projects represent a diversity of architectural styles and geographic locations. Our collaborative practice seeks candidates who will share our enthusiasm for contextually appropriate, thoughtful design.
The ideal candidate demonstrates enthusiasm for traditional and classical architecture and excellent communication skills. We will only consider candidates possessing proficiency in hand drawing and rendering; AutoCAD, Photoshop and Sketchup experience is a plus.
Qualified candidates are current students in a Bachelors or Masters degree program in Architecture.
Please submit cover letter, resumes, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Summer Internship 201504
For more information about Curtis & Windham Architects, please visit http://www.curtisandwindham.com
Tim Barber LTD, a Los Angeles firm specializing in traditional and modern residential design, seeks candidate for Design Associate position. Our firm is team-oriented and places a strong value on client relations – professionalism and interpersonal skills are a must.
Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in custom residential projects including:
• As-built measurement and drafting
• Architectural design, drafting and detailing
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods
• Understanding of Architecture history
• Drafting of schematic, permit and construction drawings
• Development of client and government agency design review presentation drawings • Support with building and zoning code analysis
• Assisting with city and other government agency permitting processes
• Assisting with coordination of building consultants
• Working a project through the design process as part of a team
Revit expertise required.
Required Software skills: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
Required Education: 5-year architecture degree
We offer comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance, 401K plan with matching, paid vacation and personal days, paid holidays and a great work environment with opportunity for advancement. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio as attachments to an email to email@example.com.
David M. Schwarz Architects, Inc.
David M. Schwarz Architects is a mid-sized Washington, DC based design firm established in 1976. Our design-oriented practice emphasizes architecture as both a service and an art. We work on a wide variety of building types, including cultural, institutional, commercial, sports, education and residential projects throughout the United States. We are looking for talented people to join our team. We are looking primarily for full time permanent entry level candidates with 0 to 5 years of experience. A professional degree is preferred, but non-professional degrees will also be considered. Good design and communication skills are important.
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples to Steve Knight at:
For more information about David M. Schwarz Architects, please visit our website at: