Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc.
BALMER® with over 180 years of experience in manufacturing precast architectural plaster mouldings is looking to hire an experienced Architectural Sales Representative who is ambitious and self-motivated to continue the growth of our business in the New York Region. This position provides a competitive compensation including base draw against commissions, car and cell phone expense allowance and approved business expenses. The ideal candidate is university or college educated in either architecture or interior design, has a proven track record of successful sales, has a high goal orientation, is energetic, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, aligned with our values and delivers on commitments. Experience in the architecture/design, construction or plastering industry is an asset but not necessary.
Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales by building a positive relationship with architects, design firms, contractors and builders within the New York Region
- Regular travel throughout the New York Region to service existing and prospective Architects, interior design firms, contractors and builders.
- Becoming an expert in Balmer Precast products.
- Using Balmer experience and expertise to build strong and lasting relationships
- Identify, track and follow-up on existing, upcoming projects – starting from the design stage and through to the completion of the projects.
- Reporting within the CRM tool and regular phone calls/follow-ups with senior management.
- Scheduling regular presentations to increase presence and product knowledge with identified Architects, Design firms, contractors and others.
- Ability to travel throughout the New York Region on a daily basis
- 2-5 Years experience within the sales industry
- Openness to making phone calls with architects, designers for the purpose of setting up presentations and product knowledge seminars
- Self-motivated and organized
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in evenings and weekends when necessary
- Architecture/Interior Design Degree/Diploma is preferred but not necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must learn and follow Balmer’s Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atelier & Co.
Atelier & Co. seeks a full-time Project Manager to join its small team, with 3-5 years of experience seeing traditional, high-end residential projects through from beginning to end.
The Project Manager will oversee the management of their assigned projects under the guidance of the company principals for successful delivery. Using his or her creativity and confidence, they will autonomously provide problem solving for each project and act as client, vendor, and company liaison throughout the design and construction phases.
- Overall daily management of assigned projects including correspondence with clients, vendors, and collaborators as well as within Atelier & Co. for daily team updates
- Manage full construction drawing sets
- Aid in drafting during schematic and design development under Creative Director
- Oversee budget and items for client invoicing
- Oversee project calendar and update for weekly meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a Traditional High-End Residential Architecture firm
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in traditional architecture is required
- High-level proficiency in AutoCAD is required; knowledge of Revit a plus, though not mandatory
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Experience developing full Construction Documentation sets and architectural details
- Knowledge of building codes, materials, finish selections, space planning – can learn on the job
Position is full time, to begin early April 2017; Salary commensurate with experience (range of $60-80K)
Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume, and references to EMPLOYMENT@atelierandcompany.com
Atelier & Co. is a Brooklyn-based boutique design studio creating buildings, interiors, art, and objects. Using a vast knowledge of design history and culture, we bridge the gap between past and present, intuitively solving modern aesthetic challenges with an uncompromising reverence for traditional principles. Collaborating with architects, designers, artists, and craftsmen we create eccentric yet discerning luxury environments that honor the imagination.
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
West Chester, PA
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd. is an award-winning architectural firm known for timeless design, attention to detail and exquisite craftsmanship. Projects include new structures as well as renovations, additions, country property planning, barns and adaptive reuse of buildings throughout the eastern sea board.
We have an open intern position available (part time or possibly full time) for the right candidate. A college student majoring in architectural design would be preferred but others will be considered. The bar has been set high for this position by past interns. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, a willingness to take on any task and an eagerness to learn are needed for this position.
This paid position will begin in September 2015 and the length of the position is to be determined.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to: Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd., 125 West Miner St., West Chester, PA 19382. Please, no phone calls.
Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
New York, NY
Reporting to: Associate Director of Development and Director of Operations
Internship Description: The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Intern. This person will gain a thorough understanding of development and the importance of prospect research, as well as related database management, marketing, communication, and research skills. Training is provided for social media platforms, networks, and databases the ICAA currently uses including: Raiser’s Edge, wordpress.com, Constant Contact, Instagram, and Facebook. The Intern is invited (but not required) to attend weekly staff meetings.
Projects and Responsibilities
• Research content for marketing and fundraising efforts
• Work with Development team on the Arthur Ross Awards, the ICAA’s major fundraising
event, and other programs
• Assist with the ICAA’s annual publication the Classicist
• Coordinate mailings related to special events, assist with organizing letters, labels, and mailing lists
• Assist Development Department in managing and updating fundraising database
• Provide general administrative support to department staff as needed
• Knowledge of MS Office and basic Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience is helpful
• Must be organized and have excellent writing skills
• Currently pursuing a degree or recent college graduate with interest in the arts
Interested applicants may send their resume, a brief cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.