Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc.
New York, NY
BALMER® with over 180 years of experience in manufacturing precast architectural plaster mouldings is looking to hire an experienced Architectural Sales Representative who is ambitious and self-motivated to continue the growth of our business in the New York Region. This position provides a competitive compensation including base draw against commissions, car and cell phone expense allowance and approved business expenses. The ideal candidate is university or college educated in either architecture or interior design, has a proven track record of successful sales, has a high goal orientation, is energetic, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, aligned with our values and delivers on commitments. Experience in the architecture/design, construction or plastering industry is an asset but not necessary.
Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales by building a positive relationship with architects, design firms, contractors and builders within the New York Region
- Regular travel throughout the New York Region to service existing and prospective Architects, interior design firms, contractors and builders.
- Becoming an expert in Balmer Precast products.
- Using Balmer experience and expertise to build strong and lasting relationships
- Identify, track and follow-up on existing, upcoming projects – starting from the design stage and through to the completion of the projects.
- Reporting within the CRM tool and regular phone calls/follow-ups with senior management.
- Scheduling regular presentations to increase presence and product knowledge with identified Architects, Design firms, contractors and others.
- Ability to travel throughout the New York Region on a daily basis
- 2-5 Years experience within the sales industry
- Openness to making phone calls with architects, designers for the purpose of setting up presentations and product knowledge seminars
- Self-motivated and organized
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in evenings and weekends when necessary
- Architecture/Interior Design Degree/Diploma is preferred but not necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must learn and follow Balmer’s Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
West Chester, PA
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd. is an award-winning architectural firm known for timeless design, attention to detail and exquisite craftsmanship. Projects include new structures as well as renovations, additions, country property planning, barns and adaptive reuse of buildings throughout the eastern sea board.
We have an open intern position available (part time or possibly full time) for the right candidate. A college student majoring in architectural design would be preferred but others will be considered. The bar has been set high for this position by past interns. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, a willingness to take on any task and an eagerness to learn are needed for this position.
This paid position will begin in September 2015 and the length of the position is to be determined.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to: Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd., 125 West Miner St., West Chester, PA 19382. Please, no phone calls.
Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
New York, NY
Reporting to: Associate Director of Development and Director of Operations
Internship Description: The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Intern. This person will gain a thorough understanding of development and the importance of prospect research, as well as related database management, marketing, communication, and research skills. Training is provided for social media platforms, networks, and databases the ICAA currently uses including: Raiser’s Edge, wordpress.com, Constant Contact, Instagram, and Facebook. The Intern is invited (but not required) to attend weekly staff meetings.
Projects and Responsibilities
• Research content for marketing and fundraising efforts
• Work with Development team on the Arthur Ross Awards, the ICAA’s major fundraising
event, and other programs
• Assist with the ICAA’s annual publication the Classicist
• Coordinate mailings related to special events, assist with organizing letters, labels, and mailing lists
• Assist Development Department in managing and updating fundraising database
• Provide general administrative support to department staff as needed
• Knowledge of MS Office and basic Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience is helpful
• Must be organized and have excellent writing skills
• Currently pursuing a degree or recent college graduate with interest in the arts
Interested applicants may send their resume, a brief cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard Manion Architecture Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Job Captain needed for prestigious Los Angeles, Westside custom residential architectural firm to work alongside project managers, designers and project assistants to produce design and construction document drawings for luxury residences in the US and overseas.
Responsibilities include operation and organization of project drawings sets, code research, shop drawing reviews, fieldwork, consultant coordination, leading production of CAD drawings, interpreting design intent into working drawings, and construction administration assistance. Architectural education and 6 years minimum architectural work experience required as a Job captain. High-end residential work experience preferred. AutoCAD proficiency required, Sketchup, EXCEL, WORD and Photoshop experience a plus. Salary plus benefits.
Your inquiry email subject line should say: Senior Job Captain Position.
Please include a cover letter, resume, and work samples (if available). Email email@example.com