Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc.
New York, NY
BALMER® with over 180 years of experience in manufacturing precast architectural plaster mouldings is looking to hire an experienced Architectural Sales Representative who is ambitious and self-motivated to continue the growth of our business in the New York Region. This position provides a competitive compensation including base draw against commissions, car and cell phone expense allowance and approved business expenses. The ideal candidate is university or college educated in either architecture or interior design, has a proven track record of successful sales, has a high goal orientation, is energetic, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, aligned with our values and delivers on commitments. Experience in the architecture/design, construction or plastering industry is an asset but not necessary.
Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales by building a positive relationship with architects, design firms, contractors and builders within the New York Region
- Regular travel throughout the New York Region to service existing and prospective Architects, interior design firms, contractors and builders.
- Becoming an expert in Balmer Precast products.
- Using Balmer experience and expertise to build strong and lasting relationships
- Identify, track and follow-up on existing, upcoming projects – starting from the design stage and through to the completion of the projects.
- Reporting within the CRM tool and regular phone calls/follow-ups with senior management.
- Scheduling regular presentations to increase presence and product knowledge with identified Architects, Design firms, contractors and others.
- Ability to travel throughout the New York Region on a daily basis
- 2-5 Years experience within the sales industry
- Openness to making phone calls with architects, designers for the purpose of setting up presentations and product knowledge seminars
- Self-motivated and organized
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in evenings and weekends when necessary
- Architecture/Interior Design Degree/Diploma is preferred but not necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must learn and follow Balmer’s Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org