Madison Spencer Architects
Intermediate to Senior Architect/Project Manager
- Working in conjunction with Principal in the development of a project.
- Independent management of projects.
- Oversight of drawing management and construction supervision.
- Client Communication.
- Assist in developing office protocol.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- 5 years professional experience at a minimum.
- Experience in traditional architecture.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and other computer design systems.
- Experience in both residential and small commercial.
- Knowledge of building codes.
Position full time to begin May 2017. Salary commensurate with experience (range $80 – 120k). Travel required.
Please submit to: Madison Spencer at email@example.com
Tim Barber Ltd, a Los Angeles firm specializing in traditional and modern residential design, is seeking a Design Associate for our dynamic team of architects. Our firm is team-oriented and places a strong value on client relations – professionalism and interpersonal skills are a must. This position will report directly to the Sr. Project Manager.
Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in custom residential projects including:
- As-built measurement and drafting
- Architectural design, drafting and detailing
- Understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Understanding of Architecture history
- Drafting of schematic, permit and construction drawings
- Development of client and government agency design review presentation drawings
- Support with building and zoning code analysis
- Assisting with city and other government agency permitting processes
- Assisting with coordination of building consultants
- Working a project through the design process as part of a team
- AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp proficiencies required.
Required Software skills: AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
Required Education: 5-year architecture degree
We offer comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance, 401K plan with employer matching, paid vacation and personal days, paid holidays and a great work environment with opportunity for advancement.
90-Day Probationary Period and Compensation Review
Please submit cover letter, salary history, resume, and portfolio as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eberlein Design Consultants Ltd. is an award-winning interior design firm celebrated for its wide variety of projects ranging from historic restoration to new Classicism to contemporary work. Our close-knit team of inspired and inspiring professionals focuses on expert planning and research, fruitful alliances with gifted architects and craftsmen and exemplary relationships with our clients.
The Designer will manage project teams with the principal, develop creative design concepts and manage project execution.
- Management of both residential and commercial projects with the creative team
- Develop comprehensive creative concepts
- Design custom furniture and millwork
- Client interaction and presentations
- Manage internal job meetings
- Produce contact documents
- Specifications and purchasing
- Manage interaction with architects, landscape architects, general contractors, consultants, artisans and fabricators
- Strong free hand drawing and sketching
- CAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of decorative arts history and antiques
- Strong knowledge of furnishings resources
- Graphic design capabilities
- Exacting site survey skills
- Project budget development
- Space planning
- Expertise in architectural millwork detailing
- Perspective drawing and rendering
- Strong time management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to set priorities, multi task and manage change
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Social media savvy
- Dedicated team player
- Deep commitment to building and maintaining relationships
- Personable, resilient, outgoing and energetic
- Self motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Both a mentor and a lifelong learner
- Ability to set and monitor priorities
- Careful listener, interpreting rather than dictating
- Great communication skills both internally and with clients
- Committed to long term career opportunities
- Inquisitive mind
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Involved with community and professional organizations
- Superior writing skills
- Eloquent, confident speaker
- Passionate about aesthetics with an unquenchable desire to add beauty to the world
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Interior Design
- Passed NCIDQ examination
- Minimum 4 years experience as a designer in a notable firm
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
This position is full time and long term. We offer comprehensive benefits and a very competitive salary. Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume and references to email@example.com