San Francisco, CA
We are a small privately owned and operated business located in the Potrero Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, CA. Our firm specializes in both Architecture and Real Estate Development with a focus on process and design. We are highly engaged in all aspects of projects from design through construction which requires close collaboration with both clients and contractors. We enjoy the challenge of creating successful projects for all budgets and can move seamlessly between design and Project Management. Our development projects strengthen our ability to execute on client driven residential and commercial projects by emphasizing the importance of project finances and how finances, entitlement processes and economic factors drive design decisions. We are looking to expand our development and architecture efforts with the goal of growing the company but we’re starting with a focus on growing our team. Most of all, we love building and enjoy what we do and we want to foster that environment within the firm.
If you’re interested in joining a small firm where you will have a high degree of autonomy and the ability to grow and learn quickly please reach out to us we would love to talk. Our firm is based on the principal of developing our employees and we are looking for people who want to grow with the firm. We are strong believers in the process of getting licensed and part of the benefit of working with the company will be guidance in this process including access to ARE study materials, mentorship and support. If you are interested in pursuing licensure, this is a great opportunity to work in an environment that can support your efforts!
You will be working directly with the Company Founder.
• Architectural degree-4 year degree minimum, M.Arch Preferred
• 1-3 years experience
• Professional references
• Strong computing skills including ACAD, Sketchup, Revit, PHOTOSHOP, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite. MS Project, Sketchup preferred but not required.
• Comprehensive portfolio of student and professional work
• Support Company Founder across all Architecture and Project Management projects
• CAD support and coordination of project documentation – we need someone who is interested in developing their abilities as an Architect and designer and someone who is ready to draw
• Assist with project coordination, organization of presentations, drawing sets and deliverables
• There will be client interaction for this candidate; a professional and confident demeanor is critical
• Excellent People Skills are a must. This position requires the candidate to engage with clients in corporate environments and includes everyone up the corporate ladder. An ability to represent one’s self and the company to all levels of management is a must
• Administrative work from meeting notes, to normalizing bids and creating schedules is key
• Office management support
• Ability to work remotely and without a great deal of oversight
• Willingness to wear many “hats” and toggle between various projects
• Highly organized and an interested in all facets of the business from design to development and management
• Team player with creative and organizational talent
• Passionate about design of all types
• Good verbal and writing skills
• Good sense of humor!
• Located in the Bay Area
• Our founder Keith Kirley, AIA is a member of the AIASF Architecture Licensing Committee and we strongly support our employees’ efforts to pursue licensure.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (5mb limit) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject Title “Junior Architect ICA – your name”. Please indicate where you found this posting in your response.
Please no calls, walk-ins or recruiters.