Douglas C. Wright Architects
New York, NY
Douglas C. Wright Architects seeks highly motivated Project Architects with 5+ years experience for full time positions:
For the positions offered, we would look for the following:
- Project Architect experience, showing experience with all aspects of project management (budgets, schedules, communications with clients and consultants, document management from design through construction documents, document production and Construction Administration )
- Experience with high-end residential work (any of apartments, townhouses, or single family homes)
- Experience with country clubs a plus, but not required
- Experience managing teams of 1 or more architects
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Good communication skills with other architects, contractors, consultants and the experience of coordinating these teams
- Multi-tasking/time management skills: the ability to work on several projects at the same time in either a management or production role
- Graduate level degree from a school with courses in the history of architecture and traditional design methods.
The position requires fluency in AutoCAD. High proficiency or the ability to manage designers in Adobe Creative Suite programs, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google SketchUp would be highly regarded.
Refined skills in the following are preferred, though not required:
- Freehand drawing and design ability, hand drafting
- Rendering skills in watercolor, marker, pencil or other media
We are a young firm. There is much room for advancement. These are offered as career track positions. Excellent performance would be recognized and rewarded with greater responsibilities and compensation. Salaries would be commensurate with experience.
All interested applicants should include a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume and experience, including your role and responsibilities on projects (design, drafting, redlines, coordination, and project types in which you have experience ) and salary requirements.
Please also include a sample of your graphic skills. Submissions of graphic work through the Archinect app center should be under 2Mb. Larger attachments will not be accepted. An applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
Please apply for this position through Archinect. Please do not email the office directly, as these inquiries will not be read. This is an upper to top level position and applicants without the appropriate experience will not be considered.
Position could start immediately.
About Douglas C. Wright Architects
Douglas C. Wright Architects is a full service firm working on a wide range of project types:
- Master planning for clubs, resorts, schools and other institutions
- High-end residential – both houses and apartments
- Large scale residential estates
- Restorations and renovations
- Country clubs
- Schools and other institutional buildings
- Commercial projects
Please see our website for an overview of the firm’s projects, design philosophy and work approach, and biography, and to consider if you would be interested in applying for the positions.
Our health insurance plan can be joined after three months employment with the firm. After six months of employment, DCWA pays half the individual employee’s health care premium.
We also offer profit sharing and a 401k to employees with at least one year of employment with the firm.