The Washington Mid Atlantic Chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA), the leading national nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the practice and appreciation of the classical tradition in architecture and the allied arts, is seeking a Chapter Coordinator to perform all administrative and bookkeeping functions of the chapter. It is important that the candidate understands that they will be seen as the permanent face of the chapter, the one who holds institutional knowledge long term whereas board members and officers rotate. We are seeking an energetic, positive person to provide complete support to the chapter and its members to include the following:
- Act as liaison between the Chapter and the National Organization
- Provide Support for all committees and their various programs and events
- Go-to person for chapter issues
- Bookkeeping and general accounting
- Maintain mailing lists
- Member services
- Public relations
- Meeting planning
- Participate in all board and committee meetings
- General Administration
- Fundraising and Sponsorship cultivation
- Development functions
- Participate in monthly College of Chapter Presidents conference calls and disseminate information to board members
- Attend the 3 day College of Chapters conference in New York in November
Candidates should possess the following:
- Great attention to detail/self-motivated/ strong follow-through
- High energy and proactive with effective leadership skills
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “customer service” skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and E-mail
- Proficiency in graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 1-2 years bookkeeping experience on QuickBooks or similar software
- Ability to work in both Mac and PC formats
- Flexible schedule for evening meetings and events
- Dependable car
- Fundraising experience
- Interest in architecture and design a plus
This position will primarily be self-directed and requires an average of 15 hours per week with flexible hours. Position has great potential for growth, a chance to make an impact on a new and developing organization, and the opportunity to work with leading practitioners in the Washington design community. Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Visit website at www.classicist-washington.org
Dibello Architects, PLLC
New Braunfels, TX
Dibello Architects, PLLC in New Braunfels, Texas, is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Architect with responsibility for design and management of projects from inception to completion of construction under the direction of the firm Principal.
The projects are primarily custom residential for individual clients in the Texas Hill Country region. The work draws upon a range of traditional and vernacular influences suitable to the regional context.
- Project design and management from pre-design through construction
- Establishment of design concepts in response to the program and site in close collaboration with the firm Principal. Creation of design drawings in pencil and other media
- Leadership and direction of the project team during design development and construction documents, and, as appropriate, production of AutoCAD drawings during those phases
- Construction observation services
- Primary client liaison with professional and courteous communication that anticipates the client’s needs throughout the project
- The Project Architect will be the leader of one of two design studios within the office. Both studios will include a Job Captain and possible other supporting architectural staff members working under the direction of the PA. Both studios will be responsible for several on-going projects in various phases at any given time.
- Competitive pay based on qualifications. Eligible for performance-based bonuses
- Small firm; established in 2010; creative, stable working environment; friendly people
- Office is in a renovated 1880’s house in Historic Downtown New Braunfels in the beautiful Texas Hill Country
- Firm is a Professional Member of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art – Texas Chapter and winner of Honorable Mention in the 2012 John Staub Awards
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience working on traditional high-end custom residential projects, including programming, site analysis, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction observation.
- Licensed or on path to becoming licensed.
- A portfolio documenting work experience that demonstrates a passion for vernacular, traditional, and classical architecture.
- Drawing and presentation skills in various media.
- Experience in leading a project team and project management. Effective communication skills.
- Experience in working directly with clients.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with samples of your work that best illustrate your qualifications for the position to Dale Dibello, AIA. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jones & Boer Architects
Jones & Boer Architects is seeking an architect or intern architect to join our Washington, D.C. team. Application is open to candidates with 3-5 years of experience and the following skills:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD LT
- Project management skills
- Experience with construction documents and specifications
- Hand drafting
- Pencil rendering
- Ability to work with and direct others
Prior experience in residential architecture is a plus. Position is full-time, to begin immediately. Salary commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and samples of your design and construction documents work.
About Jones & Boer Architects
Jones & Boer Architects is an award-winning custom residential architecture firm based in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington D.C. The firm has been widely published, with work in the D.C. area and throughout the country. For more information, please visit our website at www.jonesboer.com.