Dibello Architects, PLLC
New Braunfels, TX
Dibello Architects, PLLC in New Braunfels, Texas is seeking applicants with varying levels of experience in the field of traditional high-end residential architecture for the position of Project Designer.
The Project Designer would be responsible for the design and management of projects from inception to completion of construction under the direction of the firm Principal and with guidance by the Senior Designer.
The projects are primarily custom residential for individual clients in the Texas Hill Country region. The work draws upon a range of traditional and vernacular influences suitable to the regional context.
- Project design and management from pre-design through construction.
- Establishment of design concepts in response to the program and site in close collaboration with the firm Principal. Creation of design drawings in pencil and other media.
- Leadership and direction of the project team during design development and construction documents, and, as appropriate, production of AutoCAD drawings during those phases.
- Construction observation services.
- Responsible for several on-going projects in various phases at any given time.
- Primary client liaison with professional and courteous communication that anticipates the client’s needs throughout the project.
- Competitive pay based on qualifications. Eligible for performance-based bonuses.
- Small firm; established in 2010; creative, stable working environment; friendly people.
- Office is in a renovated 1880’s house in Historic Downtown New Braunfels in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
- Firm is a Professional Member of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art – Texas Chapter and winner of Honorable Mention in the 2012 John Staub Awards.
- Professional degree in architecture.
- 1 – 5 years of professional experience working on traditional high-end custom residential projects, including programming, site analysis, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction observation.
- Licensed or on path to becoming licensed.
- A portfolio documenting work experience that demonstrates strong design skills and a passion for vernacular, traditional, and classical architecture.
- Drawing and presentation skills in various media. AutoCAD. SketchUp.
- Experience in leading a project team and project management. Effective communication skills.
- Confidence and professionalism in working directly with clients.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with samples of your work that best illustrate your qualifications for the position to Dale Dibello, AIA. firstname.lastname@example.org.