Russell Piccione Design
New York, NY
Russell Piccione Design is a small, prestigious New York firm dedicated to providing a full spectrum of services related to the built environment; active in residential and commercial commissions, with an emphasis on context and program, we also offer curatorial services and connoisseurship in fine and decorative arts.
We are seeking an entry-level associate to collaborate on architectural drawing and design media. Due to the preferred size of the firm, the accepted candidate will be intimately involved in the entire scope of work for a given project over time, rather than performing a compartmentalized role. This scope of involvement includes surveying existing conditions, drafting schematic designs and accurate revisions thereof, developing product specifications, drawing full detail in design documents, generating and maintaining schedules, contributing to site visits and progress meetings, and corresponding with collaborators outside the firm, as well as with clients.
Please note that the nature of our most active commission will necessitate the signing of a non-disclosure agreement and submittal of professional/academic and personal references, if requested.
As such, we require applicants to:
- Commit to a full-time schedule
- Have completed a Bachelor of Architecture, though other design degrees will be considered
- Have previous experience working in a design practice, though otherwise, creativity and technical merit will be considered
- Be fluent in AutoCAD, Adobe suite, and Office suite (excellent drawings skills are crucial)
- Be systematic and organized in arranging their work
- Be able to independently maintain priorities to fulfill deadlines and design decisions
- Have clear and communicative freehand drawing
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate new design, building information, and interior detailing in drawn format
In addition, we welcome the following:
- Experience with Rhino + vRay, though other model-render software will be considered
- Proven experience with developing and reviewing millwork / shop drawings and construction documents
- Strong knowledge of Art history and contemporary Art
- Focus and good humor.
Please submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to email@example.com. We hope you are attracted by both the responsibility and the privilege of this position, and by its integral role in a design practice. We will be glad to hear from you.
Duncan McRoberts Associates, LLC
DUNCAN MCROBERTS ASSOCIATES is offering a full-time Project Architect position conjoining its small, yet creative team. We ask for 5 years minimum experience in previous traditional architectural offices. Internally, DMA operates with rigorous design discourse & high cultural aspirations – while providing a whole new landscape of upper level associate & partnership career opportunity yet to be earned and developed.
The Project Architect/Manager will be responsible for in-office production of design and construction documents – as well as management – of assigned projects under the guidance of the firm principal. During construction, he or she will collaborate with the project team to provide leadership, coordination and maintain quality of design intent.
- Overall daily external management and leadership of project in collaboration with vendors, contractors & consultants
- Manage full CD phase construction documents under review of firm principal
- Manage full DD phase design development under review of firm principal
- Oversee internal project management under firm principal and client directives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 4 -7 years of professional experience in a traditional high-end residential architecture firm
- Management of at least one project consistent w/ this job description & its responsibilities
- Knowledge, experience, & passionate interest in traditional architecture
- High-level proficiency in AutoCAD
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Experience developing full Construction Documentation sets & architectural details
- Knowledge of building codes, materials, finish selections, space planning
Position is full time; Salary is commensurate with experience & ability
Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mergal Architecture & Design
New York, NY
We are currently searching for someone with 5 to 8 years of experience for freelance work:
- Approximately 6 to 8 months.
- Working in conjunction with a Senior Architect and the Principal in the schematic design/design development/construction document phase for apartment and historic house renovations.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with other team members to meet necessary goals and deadlines.
- 5 -8 years working experience with high end residential/classical architecture.
- Expert skills using AutoCAD including Sheet Set Manager is required.
- Additional 3D rendering skills in SketchUp, Rhino, 3D Max a plus.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, and PowerPoint is expected.
All interested applicants should include a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume and experience, including your role and responsibilities on projects (design, drafting, redlines, coordination, and project types in which you have experience) and salary expectations.
The applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
Please email resume and PDF of portfolio work to email@example.com, no phone calls. For more information about the firm visit our website at: http://www.mergalarchitecture.com