Russell Piccione Design
New York, NY
Russell Piccione Design is a small, prestigious New York firm dedicated to providing a full spectrum of services related to the built environment; active in residential and commercial commissions, with an emphasis on context and program, we also offer curatorial services and connoisseurship in fine and decorative arts.
We are seeking an entry-level associate to collaborate on architectural drawing and design media. Due to the preferred size of the firm, the accepted candidate will be intimately involved in the entire scope of work for a given project over time, rather than performing a compartmentalized role. This scope of involvement includes surveying existing conditions, drafting schematic designs and accurate revisions thereof, developing product specifications, drawing full detail in design documents, generating and maintaining schedules, contributing to site visits and progress meetings, and corresponding with collaborators outside the firm, as well as with clients.
Please note that the nature of our most active commission will necessitate the signing of a non-disclosure agreement and submittal of professional/academic and personal references, if requested.
As such, we require applicants to:
- Commit to a full-time schedule
- Have completed a Bachelor of Architecture, though other design degrees will be considered
- Have previous experience working in a design practice, though otherwise, creativity and technical merit will be considered
- Be fluent in AutoCAD, Adobe suite, and Office suite (excellent drawings skills are crucial)
- Be systematic and organized in arranging their work
- Be able to independently maintain priorities to fulfill deadlines and design decisions
- Have clear and communicative freehand drawing
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate new design, building information, and interior detailing in drawn format
In addition, we welcome the following:
- Experience with Rhino + vRay, though other model-render software will be considered
- Proven experience with developing and reviewing millwork / shop drawings and construction documents
- Strong knowledge of Art history and contemporary Art
- Focus and good humor.
Please submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you are attracted by both the responsibility and the privilege of this position, and by its integral role in a design practice. We will be glad to hear from you.