The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
New York, NY
Administrative Assistant for the NY Committee
Part Time, 16-20 hours per week
$18 per hour
Reporting to the Associate Director of Education & Special Collections
The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA) is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the classical tradition in architecture, urbanism and their allied arts. It does so through education, publication, and advocacy. The organization is a valued education resource for students of art, planning, and architecture, design professionals, and the general public, in New York City and its regional chapters. The ICAA offers a wide array of programs that include continuing education courses; professional intensives; travel programs; walking tours; and public lectures. It publishes an academic journal called the Classicist, as well as the book series, the Classical America Series in Art and Architecture.
The New York Committee of the ICAA plans and implements regional programming in the New York metropolitan area, including northern New Jersey, Long Island, and Fairfield County, CT.
The ICAA seeks a detail-oriented individual to assist in the record management and administration of programming for the NY Committee. The candidate must be well organized and enjoy working with a small, collaborative team. The position is ideal for someone looking for experience in event planning and/or non-profit administration. The position requires working evenings and occasional weekends for events, which will be scheduled in advance.
- Maintain records in Raiser’s Edge Database Management (experience preferred but not necessary)
- Set up for programs such as classes, fundraising galas, and lectures. Attending programs in order to register attendees, take photographs, and otherwise assist as needed.
- Work with Curriculum committee to decide upon and plan yearly Continuing Education course offerings
- Greet and socialize with program guests, including at formal events
- Update the relevant areas of content on the ICAA Website
- Work with the ICAA’s marketing staff to develop content and calendar for mass emails and social media
- Logistical arrangements including but not limited to: venues, travel, accommodation, and equipment hire. Process related invoices and work with Finance Department to ensure prompt payment to vendors
- Attend meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes
- Record incoming donations related to the NY Committee, draft and send acknowledgement letters, maintain record of donations
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently when needed
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office software, Windows XP, Word, and Excel. PowerPoint, InDesign, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact, and Photoshop are a plus but not required.
- The ability to communicate efficiently and clearly. Must be comfortable over the phone and over email
- Friendly demeanor and professional appearance
- Ability to travel to events in the New York metropolitan area (Access to a car is a plus bot not required)
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Administrative Assistant Search in the subject line. No phone calls, please.