Duncan McRoberts Associates, LLC
DUNCAN MCROBERTS ASSOCIATES, LLC, seeks a full-time Project Architect/Manager to join its creative team, please have 4-7 years of experience in traditional, high-end residential projects. License preferred (not required).
The Project Architect/Manager will be responsible for in-office production of design and construction documents – and management – of an assigned project under the guidance of the firm principal. During construction and bidding, he or she will collaborate with the project team, including the client, to provide problem solving, leadership and coordination throughout as well as maintain quality control of design intent.
- Overall daily management of assigned project including correspondence with vendors, contractors and consultants
- Manage full construction drawing sets under review of firm principal
- Aid in drafting during design development under review of firm principal
- Oversee budget and items per firm principal and client directives
- Oversee project calendar and updates for all meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 4 -7 years of professional experience in a traditional high-end residential architecture firm
- Management of at least one project consistent w/ this job description & its responsibilities
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in traditional architecture
- High-level proficiency in AutoCAD is required
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Experience developing full Construction Documentation sets and architectural details
- Knowledge of building codes, materials, finish selections, space planning – can learn on the job
Position is full time, to begin as soon as possible; Salary commensurate with experience
Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume, and references to: email@example.com
Andreozzi Architects is looking to add future cornerstones to our small team. Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in all aspects of custom residential design, an in-depth understanding of wood frame construction from rough framing through shop drawing level finish detailing and display a proven track record of leadership. Our small office provides an environment where employees are involved with all aspects of the design, design development and the working drawing process with direct communication with David Andreozzi and the project owners. Graduation from an NCARB accredited school is required, with an expert proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-up, rendering, and intercommunication/presentation skills.
Andreozzi Architects is based in Barrington RI, ten minutes from Providence, 65 minutes from Boston, and about three hours from New York. David is the current President of the New England Chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art (ICAA).
We specialize in historically based residential architecture primarily throughout New England and as far away as the Bahamian Islands. David Andreozzi founded the firm in 1988 specializing in historically based archetypes with a concentration in the Neo-England vernacular. Our small design-oriented team is driven by a passion to create elegant architectural solutions in ways that are innovative, respectful of tradition and craft, yet also conscious of budgets.
Salary is commensurate on experience. It is a full time position with holidays, healthcare, and a vacation policy. We provide a 401K, 3% guaranteed safe harbor contribution by employer to retirement plan, and possible profit sharing upon 13-month eligibility.
Please submit cover letters and resumes directly to David Andreozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Andreozzi Architects, Houzz, Dering Hall, Facebook
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
West Chester, PA
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd. is an award-winning architectural firm known for 20 years of timeless design, attention to detail and exquisite craftsmanship. We have been recognized for our exceptional residential projects including new homes, additions and renovations, historic restorations, country property planning and equestrian facilities in a range of styles and locations. As the firm has grown, so has our breadth of work, which now includes college and university, library and other institutional projects.
We have an open position available for the right candidate with 0-5 years experience as an Intern Architect. Candidates must be proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Photoshop. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and an eagerness to learn are required for this position.
The firm offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth.
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio sample to email@example.com.
Job Location: 125 West Miner Street, West Chester, PA 19382
The Washington Mid Atlantic Chapter of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA), the leading national nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the practice and appreciation of the classical tradition in architecture and the allied arts, is seeking a Chapter Coordinator to perform all administrative and bookkeeping functions of the chapter. It is important that the candidate understands that they will be seen as the permanent face of the chapter, the one who holds institutional knowledge long term whereas board members and officers rotate. We are seeking an energetic, positive person to provide complete support to the chapter and its members to include the following:
- Act as liaison between the Chapter and the National Organization
- Provide Support for all committees and their various programs and events
- Go-to person for chapter issues
- Bookkeeping and general accounting
- Maintain mailing lists
- Member services
- Public relations
- Meeting planning
- Participate in all board and committee meetings
- General Administration
- Fundraising and Sponsorship cultivation
- Development functions
- Participate in monthly College of Chapter Presidents conference calls and disseminate information to board members
- Attend the 3 day College of Chapters conference in New York in November
Candidates should possess the following:
- Great attention to detail/self-motivated/ strong follow-through
- High energy and proactive with effective leadership skills
- Can handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “customer service” skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and E-mail
- Proficiency in graphics programs (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 1-2 years bookkeeping experience on QuickBooks or similar software
- Ability to work in both Mac and PC formats
- Flexible schedule for evening meetings and events
- Dependable car
- Fundraising experience
- Interest in architecture and design a plus
This position will primarily be self-directed and requires an average of 15 hours per week with flexible hours. Position has great potential for growth, a chance to make an impact on a new and developing organization, and the opportunity to work with leading practitioners in the Washington design community. Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Visit website at www.classicist-washington.org
Dibello Architects, PLLC
New Braunfels, TX
Dibello Architects, PLLC in New Braunfels, Texas, is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Architect with responsibility for design and management of projects from inception to completion of construction under the direction of the firm Principal.
The projects are primarily custom residential for individual clients in the Texas Hill Country region. The work draws upon a range of traditional and vernacular influences suitable to the regional context.
- Project design and management from pre-design through construction
- Establishment of design concepts in response to the program and site in close collaboration with the firm Principal. Creation of design drawings in pencil and other media
- Leadership and direction of the project team during design development and construction documents, and, as appropriate, production of AutoCAD drawings during those phases
- Construction observation services
- Primary client liaison with professional and courteous communication that anticipates the client’s needs throughout the project
- The Project Architect will be the leader of one of two design studios within the office. Both studios will include a Job Captain and possible other supporting architectural staff members working under the direction of the PA. Both studios will be responsible for several on-going projects in various phases at any given time.
- Competitive pay based on qualifications. Eligible for performance-based bonuses
- Small firm; established in 2010; creative, stable working environment; friendly people
- Office is in a renovated 1880’s house in Historic Downtown New Braunfels in the beautiful Texas Hill Country
- Firm is a Professional Member of the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art – Texas Chapter and winner of Honorable Mention in the 2012 John Staub Awards
- Professional degree in architecture.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience working on traditional high-end custom residential projects, including programming, site analysis, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction observation.
- Licensed or on path to becoming licensed.
- A portfolio documenting work experience that demonstrates a passion for vernacular, traditional, and classical architecture.
- Drawing and presentation skills in various media.
- Experience in leading a project team and project management. Effective communication skills.
- Experience in working directly with clients.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with samples of your work that best illustrate your qualifications for the position to Dale Dibello, AIA. email@example.com.
Jones & Boer Architects
Jones & Boer Architects is seeking an architect or intern architect to join our Washington, D.C. team. Application is open to candidates with 3-5 years of experience and the following skills:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD LT
- Project management skills
- Experience with construction documents and specifications
- Hand drafting
- Pencil rendering
- Ability to work with and direct others
Prior experience in residential architecture is a plus. Position is full-time, to begin immediately. Salary commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and samples of your design and construction documents work.
About Jones & Boer Architects
Jones & Boer Architects is an award-winning custom residential architecture firm based in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington D.C. The firm has been widely published, with work in the D.C. area and throughout the country. For more information, please visit our website at www.jonesboer.com.
Douglas C. Wright Architects
New York, NY
Douglas C. Wright Architects seeks highly motivated Project Architects with 5+ years experience for full time positions:
For the positions offered, we would look for the following:
- Project Architect experience, showing experience with all aspects of project management (budgets, schedules, communications with clients and consultants, document management from design through construction documents, document production and Construction Administration )
- Experience with high-end residential work (any of apartments, townhouses, or single family homes)
- Experience with country clubs a plus, but not required
- Experience managing teams of 1 or more architects
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Good communication skills with other architects, contractors, consultants and the experience of coordinating these teams
- Multi-tasking/time management skills: the ability to work on several projects at the same time in either a management or production role
- Graduate level degree from a school with courses in the history of architecture and traditional design methods.
The position requires fluency in AutoCAD. High proficiency or the ability to manage designers in Adobe Creative Suite programs, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google SketchUp would be highly regarded.
Refined skills in the following are preferred, though not required:
- Freehand drawing and design ability, hand drafting
- Rendering skills in watercolor, marker, pencil or other media
We are a young firm. There is much room for advancement. These are offered as career track positions. Excellent performance would be recognized and rewarded with greater responsibilities and compensation. Salaries would be commensurate with experience.
All interested applicants should include a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume and experience, including your role and responsibilities on projects (design, drafting, redlines, coordination, and project types in which you have experience ) and salary requirements.
Please also include a sample of your graphic skills. Submissions of graphic work through the Archinect app center should be under 2Mb. Larger attachments will not be accepted. An applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
Please apply for this position through Archinect. Please do not email the office directly, as these inquiries will not be read. This is an upper to top level position and applicants without the appropriate experience will not be considered.
Position could start immediately.
About Douglas C. Wright Architects
Douglas C. Wright Architects is a full service firm working on a wide range of project types:
- Master planning for clubs, resorts, schools and other institutions
- High-end residential – both houses and apartments
- Large scale residential estates
- Restorations and renovations
- Country clubs
- Schools and other institutional buildings
- Commercial projects
Please see our website for an overview of the firm’s projects, design philosophy and work approach, and biography, and to consider if you would be interested in applying for the positions.
Our health insurance plan can be joined after three months employment with the firm. After six months of employment, DCWA pays half the individual employee’s health care premium.
We also offer profit sharing and a 401k to employees with at least one year of employment with the firm.