Madison Spencer Architects
Intermediate to Senior Architect/Project Manager
- Working in conjunction with Principal in the development of a project.
- Independent management of projects.
- Oversight of drawing management and construction supervision.
- Client Communication.
- Assist in developing office protocol.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture.
- 5 years professional experience at a minimum.
- Experience in traditional architecture.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and other computer design systems.
- Experience in both residential and small commercial.
- Knowledge of building codes.
Position full time to begin May 2017. Salary commensurate with experience (range $80 – 120k). Travel required.
Please submit to: Madison Spencer at email@example.com
Tim Barber Ltd, a Los Angeles firm specializing in traditional and modern residential design, is seeking a Design Associate for our dynamic team of architects. Our firm is team-oriented and places a strong value on client relations – professionalism and interpersonal skills are a must. This position will report directly to the Sr. Project Manager.
Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience in custom residential projects including:
- As-built measurement and drafting
- Architectural design, drafting and detailing
- Understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Understanding of Architecture history
- Drafting of schematic, permit and construction drawings
- Development of client and government agency design review presentation drawings
- Support with building and zoning code analysis
- Assisting with city and other government agency permitting processes
- Assisting with coordination of building consultants
- Working a project through the design process as part of a team
- AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp proficiencies required.
Required Software skills: AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
Required Education: 5-year architecture degree
We offer comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance, 401K plan with employer matching, paid vacation and personal days, paid holidays and a great work environment with opportunity for advancement.
90-Day Probationary Period and Compensation Review
Please submit cover letter, salary history, resume, and portfolio as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eberlein Design Consultants Ltd. is an award-winning interior design firm celebrated for its wide variety of projects ranging from historic restoration to new Classicism to contemporary work. Our close-knit team of inspired and inspiring professionals focuses on expert planning and research, fruitful alliances with gifted architects and craftsmen and exemplary relationships with our clients.
The Designer will manage project teams with the principal, develop creative design concepts and manage project execution.
- Management of both residential and commercial projects with the creative team
- Develop comprehensive creative concepts
- Design custom furniture and millwork
- Client interaction and presentations
- Manage internal job meetings
- Produce contact documents
- Specifications and purchasing
- Manage interaction with architects, landscape architects, general contractors, consultants, artisans and fabricators
- Strong free hand drawing and sketching
- CAD, Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of decorative arts history and antiques
- Strong knowledge of furnishings resources
- Graphic design capabilities
- Exacting site survey skills
- Project budget development
- Space planning
- Expertise in architectural millwork detailing
- Perspective drawing and rendering
- Strong time management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the construction process
- Ability to set priorities, multi task and manage change
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven decision making and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Social media savvy
- Dedicated team player
- Deep commitment to building and maintaining relationships
- Personable, resilient, outgoing and energetic
- Self motivated
- Strong work ethic
- Both a mentor and a lifelong learner
- Ability to set and monitor priorities
- Careful listener, interpreting rather than dictating
- Great communication skills both internally and with clients
- Committed to long term career opportunities
- Inquisitive mind
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Involved with community and professional organizations
- Superior writing skills
- Eloquent, confident speaker
- Passionate about aesthetics with an unquenchable desire to add beauty to the world
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Interior Design
- Passed NCIDQ examination
- Minimum 4 years experience as a designer in a notable firm
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
This position is full time and long term. We offer comprehensive benefits and a very competitive salary. Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume and references to email@example.com
Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc.
BALMER® with over 180 years of experience in manufacturing precast architectural plaster mouldings is looking to hire an experienced Architectural Sales Representative who is ambitious and self-motivated to continue the growth of our business in the New York Region. This position provides a competitive compensation including base draw against commissions, car and cell phone expense allowance and approved business expenses. The ideal candidate is university or college educated in either architecture or interior design, has a proven track record of successful sales, has a high goal orientation, is energetic, possesses excellent interpersonal skills, aligned with our values and delivers on commitments. Experience in the architecture/design, construction or plastering industry is an asset but not necessary.
Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales by building a positive relationship with architects, design firms, contractors and builders within the New York Region
- Regular travel throughout the New York Region to service existing and prospective Architects, interior design firms, contractors and builders.
- Becoming an expert in Balmer Precast products.
- Using Balmer experience and expertise to build strong and lasting relationships
- Identify, track and follow-up on existing, upcoming projects – starting from the design stage and through to the completion of the projects.
- Reporting within the CRM tool and regular phone calls/follow-ups with senior management.
- Scheduling regular presentations to increase presence and product knowledge with identified Architects, Design firms, contractors and others.
- Ability to travel throughout the New York Region on a daily basis
- 2-5 Years experience within the sales industry
- Openness to making phone calls with architects, designers for the purpose of setting up presentations and product knowledge seminars
- Self-motivated and organized
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in evenings and weekends when necessary
- Architecture/Interior Design Degree/Diploma is preferred but not necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must learn and follow Balmer’s Customer Relationship Management Tools
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
Balmer Architectural Mouldings Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atelier & Co.
Atelier & Co. seeks a full-time Project Manager to join its small team, with 3-5 years of experience seeing traditional, high-end residential projects through from beginning to end.
The Project Manager will oversee the management of their assigned projects under the guidance of the company principals for successful delivery. Using his or her creativity and confidence, they will autonomously provide problem solving for each project and act as client, vendor, and company liaison throughout the design and construction phases.
- Overall daily management of assigned projects including correspondence with clients, vendors, and collaborators as well as within Atelier & Co. for daily team updates
- Manage full construction drawing sets
- Aid in drafting during schematic and design development under Creative Director
- Oversee budget and items for client invoicing
- Oversee project calendar and update for weekly meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a Traditional High-End Residential Architecture firm
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in traditional architecture is required
- High-level proficiency in AutoCAD is required; knowledge of Revit a plus, though not mandatory
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Experience developing full Construction Documentation sets and architectural details
- Knowledge of building codes, materials, finish selections, space planning – can learn on the job
Position is full time, to begin early April 2017; Salary commensurate with experience (range of $60-80K)
Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume, and references to EMPLOYMENT@atelierandcompany.com
Atelier & Co. is a Brooklyn-based boutique design studio creating buildings, interiors, art, and objects. Using a vast knowledge of design history and culture, we bridge the gap between past and present, intuitively solving modern aesthetic challenges with an uncompromising reverence for traditional principles. Collaborating with architects, designers, artists, and craftsmen we create eccentric yet discerning luxury environments that honor the imagination.
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd.
West Chester, PA
Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd. is an award-winning architectural firm known for timeless design, attention to detail and exquisite craftsmanship. Projects include new structures as well as renovations, additions, country property planning, barns and adaptive reuse of buildings throughout the eastern sea board.
We have an open intern position available (part time or possibly full time) for the right candidate. A college student majoring in architectural design would be preferred but others will be considered. The bar has been set high for this position by past interns. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, a willingness to take on any task and an eagerness to learn are needed for this position.
This paid position will begin in September 2015 and the length of the position is to be determined.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to: Archer & Buchanan Architecture, Ltd., 125 West Miner St., West Chester, PA 19382. Please, no phone calls.
Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
New York, NY
Reporting to: Associate Director of Development and Director of Operations
Internship Description: The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Intern. This person will gain a thorough understanding of development and the importance of prospect research, as well as related database management, marketing, communication, and research skills. Training is provided for social media platforms, networks, and databases the ICAA currently uses including: Raiser’s Edge, wordpress.com, Constant Contact, Instagram, and Facebook. The Intern is invited (but not required) to attend weekly staff meetings.
Projects and Responsibilities
• Research content for marketing and fundraising efforts
• Work with Development team on the Arthur Ross Awards, the ICAA’s major fundraising
event, and other programs
• Assist with the ICAA’s annual publication the Classicist
• Coordinate mailings related to special events, assist with organizing letters, labels, and mailing lists
• Assist Development Department in managing and updating fundraising database
• Provide general administrative support to department staff as needed
• Knowledge of MS Office and basic Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience is helpful
• Must be organized and have excellent writing skills
• Currently pursuing a degree or recent college graduate with interest in the arts
Interested applicants may send their resume, a brief cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.