Austin Patterson Disston Architects
Austin Patterson Disston Architects is an award-winning, established architecture firm with 34 years of design expertise in residential, private clubs and custom commercial projects. The firm has offices in Southport, CT with 16 employees and in Quogue, NY with 7 employees. Our design focus spans historic and modern traditions, always with an emphasis on detail, excellence in craftsmanship. Our close contact with clients creates quality enduring projects of fresh, inventive and timeless architecture.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager/Architect in our Quogue office.
- Coordinate and lead project design efforts working closely with Partners and Clients
- Oversee and work with project team from initial schematic design through post-construction monitoring
- Understand construction methods and materials used to properly detail
- Oversee and check all construction drawings for accuracy
- Lead and document on-site project meetings with contractors and clients
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Architecture
- 4-5 years of experience in residential design preferred
- Computer skills. ArchiCAD experience is a plus
- Ability and interest to oversee a team as well as work in a self-motivating structure
- Communications skills both verbal and written
The firm offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, growth opportunities and a congenial stable office with many long-term employees. In addition, firm encourages and supports the licensing process.
Please send resume and portfolio to Kate Seuch email@example.com
Daniel Romualdez Architects
New York, NY
Our high-end boutique residential firm is seeking a motivated Architect with 8+ years of experience to support our Project Managers. This is a full time position with benefits.
- Drafting and detailing drawings, plans, elevations, sections, etc. from Pre-Design thru Construction Administration
- Project coordination with consultants & contractor in CD’s & CA
- Compiling and distributing materials, documents, and information as needed and directed by the Project Manager
- Knowledge of materials, finish selections & space planning
- Organizing & executing construction documentation sets
- Delegating & reviewing work to junior level support staff
- Research products and specifications as requested to execute design intent.
- Support Project Managers as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture required
- 8+ years of experience, with some high-end residential experience is a plus
- Wood framing experience or development experience is required
- Proficient knowledge of AUTOCAD is required
- NYC DOB filling experience and knowledge of ADA compliances is a plus
- Must be responsible, organized, proactive, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills & ability to collaborate with other team members
- Must be a problem solver & pay attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines is a requirement
- Ability to think independently and as a team player is a requirement
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and flexible to changes
Please submit cover letter, resume, portfolio & references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
New York, NY
Administrative Assistant for the NY Committee
Part Time, 16-20 hours per week
$18 per hour
Reporting to the Associate Director of Education & Special Collections
The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art (ICAA) is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the classical tradition in architecture, urbanism and their allied arts. It does so through education, publication, and advocacy. The organization is a valued education resource for students of art, planning, and architecture, design professionals, and the general public, in New York City and its regional chapters. The ICAA offers a wide array of programs that include continuing education courses; professional intensives; travel programs; walking tours; and public lectures. It publishes an academic journal called the Classicist, as well as the book series, the Classical America Series in Art and Architecture.
The New York Committee of the ICAA plans and implements regional programming in the New York metropolitan area, including northern New Jersey, Long Island, and Fairfield County, CT.
The ICAA seeks a detail-oriented individual to assist in the record management and administration of programming for the NY Committee. The candidate must be well organized and enjoy working with a small, collaborative team. The position is ideal for someone looking for experience in event planning and/or non-profit administration. The position requires working evenings and occasional weekends for events, which will be scheduled in advance.
- Maintain records in Raiser’s Edge Database Management (experience preferred but not necessary)
- Set up for programs such as classes, fundraising galas, and lectures. Attending programs in order to register attendees, take photographs, and otherwise assist as needed.
- Work with Curriculum committee to decide upon and plan yearly Continuing Education course offerings
- Greet and socialize with program guests, including at formal events
- Update the relevant areas of content on the ICAA Website
- Work with the ICAA’s marketing staff to develop content and calendar for mass emails and social media
- Logistical arrangements including but not limited to: venues, travel, accommodation, and equipment hire. Process related invoices and work with Finance Department to ensure prompt payment to vendors
- Attend meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes
- Record incoming donations related to the NY Committee, draft and send acknowledgement letters, maintain record of donations
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently when needed
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office software, Windows XP, Word, and Excel. PowerPoint, InDesign, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact, and Photoshop are a plus but not required.
- The ability to communicate efficiently and clearly. Must be comfortable over the phone and over email
- Friendly demeanor and professional appearance
- Ability to travel to events in the New York metropolitan area (Access to a car is a plus bot not required)
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com. Include Administrative Assistant Search in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Russell Piccione Design
New York, NY
Russell Piccione Design is a small, prestigious New York firm dedicated to providing a full spectrum of services related to the built environment; active in residential and commercial commissions, with an emphasis on context and program, we also offer curatorial services and connoisseurship in fine and decorative arts.
We are seeking an entry-level associate to collaborate on architectural drawing and design media. Due to the preferred size of the firm, the accepted candidate will be intimately involved in the entire scope of work for a given project over time, rather than performing a compartmentalized role. This scope of involvement includes surveying existing conditions, drafting schematic designs and accurate revisions thereof, developing product specifications, drawing full detail in design documents, generating and maintaining schedules, contributing to site visits and progress meetings, and corresponding with collaborators outside the firm, as well as with clients.
Please note that the nature of our most active commission will necessitate the signing of a non-disclosure agreement and submittal of professional/academic and personal references, if requested.
As such, we require applicants to:
- Commit to a full-time schedule
- Have completed a Bachelor of Architecture, though other design degrees will be considered
- Have previous experience working in a design practice, though otherwise, creativity and technical merit will be considered
- Be fluent in AutoCAD, Adobe suite, and Office suite (excellent drawings skills are crucial)
- Be systematic and organized in arranging their work
- Be able to independently maintain priorities to fulfill deadlines and design decisions
- Have clear and communicative freehand drawing
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate new design, building information, and interior detailing in drawn format
In addition, we welcome the following:
- Experience with Rhino + vRay, though other model-render software will be considered
- Proven experience with developing and reviewing millwork / shop drawings and construction documents
- Strong knowledge of Art history and contemporary Art
- Focus and good humor.
Please submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you are attracted by both the responsibility and the privilege of this position, and by its integral role in a design practice. We will be glad to hear from you.
Duncan McRoberts Associates, LLC
DUNCAN MCROBERTS ASSOCIATES is offering a full-time Project Architect position conjoining its small, yet creative team. We ask for 5 years minimum experience in previous traditional architectural offices. Internally, DMA operates with rigorous design discourse & high cultural aspirations – while providing a whole new landscape of upper level associate & partnership career opportunity yet to be earned and developed.
The Project Architect/Manager will be responsible for in-office production of design and construction documents – as well as management – of assigned projects under the guidance of the firm principal. During construction, he or she will collaborate with the project team to provide leadership, coordination and maintain quality of design intent.
- Overall daily external management and leadership of project in collaboration with vendors, contractors & consultants
- Manage full CD phase construction documents under review of firm principal
- Manage full DD phase design development under review of firm principal
- Oversee internal project management under firm principal and client directives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 4 -7 years of professional experience in a traditional high-end residential architecture firm
- Management of at least one project consistent w/ this job description & its responsibilities
- Knowledge, experience, & passionate interest in traditional architecture
- High-level proficiency in AutoCAD
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with other team members.
- Experience developing full Construction Documentation sets & architectural details
- Knowledge of building codes, materials, finish selections, space planning
Position is full time; Salary is commensurate with experience & ability
Please submit cover letter, portfolio, resume, and references to: email@example.com
Mergal Architecture & Design
New York, NY
We are currently searching for someone with 5 to 8 years of experience for freelance work:
- Approximately 6 to 8 months.
- Working in conjunction with a Senior Architect and the Principal in the schematic design/design development/construction document phase for apartment and historic house renovations.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with other team members to meet necessary goals and deadlines.
- 5 -8 years working experience with high end residential/classical architecture.
- Expert skills using AutoCAD including Sheet Set Manager is required.
- Additional 3D rendering skills in SketchUp, Rhino, 3D Max a plus.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, and PowerPoint is expected.
All interested applicants should include a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume and experience, including your role and responsibilities on projects (design, drafting, redlines, coordination, and project types in which you have experience) and salary expectations.
The applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
Please email resume and PDF of portfolio work to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls. For more information about the firm visit our website at: http://www.mergalarchitecture.com
The Institute of Classical Architecture & Art
New York, NY
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the Development Assistant works as part of the team responsible for raising more than 2.25 million dollars annually from individuals, foundations, and corporations. The Development Assistant works closely with the President and other members of the Development team to provide administrative assistance and support on all aspects of the fundraising program.
- Enter and process donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations in Raiser’s edge and draft acknowledgment letters
- Work with finance department on monthly reconciliation between the development and finance offices
- Research current and potential funders
- Assist with planning and coordination of fundraising and cultivation events, including tracking RSVPs, liaising with vendors, answering inquiries, helping to set up, and checking in guests
- Draft inquiries, proposals, and reports for foundations and prospects
- Draft communications for President, including acknowledgment letters, emails, and meeting requests
- Manage President’s calendar, including scheduling and confirming meetings and making travel arrangements
- Assist with mailings and appeals
- Help to maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge and stay up-to-date on training for the database
- Drop mail off at post office on a daily basis
- Other projects as assigned
- Must have Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of fundraising or related nonprofit experience
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with excellent oral and written communications skills
- A high level of energy, initiative, and creativity is essential
- Ability to interact professionally with trustees, members, donors, volunteers, and colleagues
- Proficient in database management and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Demonstrate ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative; can work independently and as part of a team in support of the organization’s goals and mission
- Must show exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Interest in architecture, art, or design is a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com. Include Development Assistant Search in the subject line. No phone calls, please.